The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hooray! (again)

It's a lovely day in my little corner of San Francisco.

For anyone who owns a vicious cat, I have discovered a cool product. It's called "Good Cat" and you can order it from Petco.com. It is made of flower essences and you put it in kitty's water. It's kitty vicodin. Anyway, I've been giving it to my cat now for one day and she is already much calmer and even ... well, kind of sweet. Go Messy! Rock on!

Now, it you read my post about yesterday's shooting in London, then you know I was pretty disgusted by what happened there. My friend michaelb kindly posted a comment illustrating the "other side" of the issue. And he makes some good points. It's not like I think the authorities there are walking around shooting people who look like they might be Muslim all day and night. But hearing the account of that shooting, where a witness said the guy they shot looked like a "petrified fox" laying on the floor of a train car while they shot him in the torso and head five times ... ugh. Maybe those cops DID save lives by killing him, as michaelb suggested. I know they've been instructed to "shoot to kill" anyone who looks like they might be planning a suicide attack. But, they were undercover cops. Sure, they might have yelled at the man "Stop, police!" I'm just saying ... that if I appeared South Asian and I was walking around South London and a bunch of dudes in a group started yelling at me and chasing me, perhaps with weapons drawn, I *might* conceivably take the same action that this man did, that is, I might have run into the nearest tube station and jumped the turnstile in an effort to get away. As they say, cops in London don't normally carry lethal weapons. Or maybe this guy was some kind of asshole would-be suicide bomber and he DID plan to pull the pin. I'm certainly not saying this would be a good time to be a member of law enforcement in London, either.

I am just sick of this so called "war on terror" that seems to force EVERYONE to act like a terrorist.

Okay, this is a bit much for a Saturday morning. But I wanted to thank michaelb for posting his comment because that view is valid and bears consideration too.

Onto other cheese: I made a valuable discovery last night. This bartender who used to work at Blondies turned up behind the bar at an establishment near my house. Boy did I have a crush on him back in the day. And he's as cute as ever. His bartending skills aren't great. But he's excused because he is so adorable. Yes, I'm shallow that way. Also, I met a cute dog who lives just two blocks away from me. His name is Winston and he is a white French bulldog. Winston's owner let me pick him up and he got so excited he couldn't stop snorting. Snorting, however, is preferable to peeing. Sorry Chopper.

Speaking of snorting, I get to take care of Peanut next weekend. Hooray! We will snuggle. Peanut is my favorite dog in the whole world.

Until later, love and kisses xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael B said...

i agree with you, cheese. the war on terror is a creation of W's little mind and has been just as successful as the war on drugs. ain't happnin!! turns out, as you know, the london cops got it way wrong this time...and for that i do believe someone should pay, perhaps with their career...if not with prison time. but, as you say, not a great time to be a bobby right now, charged with keeping londoners from being blown into little bits. cheers! your next martini's on me!

Sunday, July 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home