The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Only ten months to go ....

Until my birthday!!

Messy's good behavior has continued, with one lapse. (She tried to wake me up this morning by biting me. Sorry Messy, I was already awake.)

My horoscope says my boss is going to recognize all the hard work that I do with a raise, promotion or bonus. YES! That is so awesome. I can't wait until those fat paychecks start to flow.

Speaking of Martinis, michaelb, I want to pimp my new "local." It is called "Jay-Bees" and it is on 20th and York. It is so lovely inside. Ed, the manager, says they are going for a "nostalgic" feel. And it does kind of feel old timey SF. (or at least what I imagine prewar SF to be like, not actually experiencing it first hand.) There's a patio, dogs are welcome, and Ed makes pretty good drinks. For now, the pool games appear to be free. I don't know how long that'll last. So if you're hanging out between the Misson and Potrero and you're looking for somewhere to quench your thirst ... this is the place. Oh! They have bbqs every Sunday at 4:00. It has reopened following a remodel and has mostly hosted private parties up until this weekend. Right on! This is quite exciting.

Last night Tex and I went to the 12 Galaxies to hear a little music and much to my surprise and delight, there were a bunch of weirdos there running around with Adam-Antesque make up and outfits on. They ended up taking the stage .... belting out three very rocking versions of Adam and the Ant songs. They sang "Kings of the Wild Frontier," "Ant Rap," and "Antmusic." MAN!! it was so cool!

Today I decided that I need to find a route so I can ride my bike to work. My biking friend Mari kindly came over with a copy of the San Francisco bike route map and we rode down to my office. Then we bought some crack at taco bell and then went to the Metreon to see her buddy act in a performance at the Asian Art celebration.

I have a violin lesson tomorrow. That should be interesting, seeing as how i have once again failed to practice. Oops.

I love vintage clothes. Especially when you get them at garage sales. I got a velvet jacket, a wool jacket with fur trim, a dress and a skirt today for 14 dollars.! Frugality score!

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana
I am So there at that bar! Just say WHEN!
[NOW!]
Nadia

Tuesday, August 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i'm trying not to be anonymous but don't know how this blog stuff works.
Nadia

Tuesday, August 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home