The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Weirdness

It is Yuletide!

Hooray! Happy Yuletide.

Yule = wheel
Tide= time

So what this time of year really means is that the wheel of life continues to turn and this is the time we stop to observe how nice the last revolution was and to make plans for the next prosperous turning.

It's also when people bring all sort of weird food into the newsroom, and then ... because NOTHING (not even starhellhole) is open, you find yourself eating stale cake donuts, questionable crackers and admittedly delicious truffles for breakfast.

It's not my fault! I stopped at the 24 hour Safeway last night to get a hot pocket for this morning. But the frigging Safeway was closed!! what the Hell?

I discovered something surprising last week. One day I decided to google "Mr. Carlos Muffin" to see if the picture of Carlos on Cute Overload would show up in the search results. That post actually was not on the Google list. But. Guess WHAT? A couple of other people had posted the Carlos photo on their blogs and on forums. And, much to my surprise, I discovered a myspace denizen whose name was ... get this ... Mr. Carlos Muffin!

I am WAY too old for a myspace account ... but I do have one. Yeah yeah. So I wrote to this guy to tell him ... Hey! you have a doppelganger! He is small and furry and super cuddly and has four legs!

So he wrote back and said ... actually he admitted ... he co-opted the name "Mr. Carlos Muffin" for himself after he saw it on Cute Overload.

Hmm. Kind of flattering, I guess ... I mean, I have mad skilz (heh) when it comes to naming animals. Princess Noodle Moppet.

Or maybe, as like attracts like - dork attracts dork.

The question is .... How can I parlay this into a career?

Preferably one where I'm tucked up in bed on Christmas morning rather than sitting here doing nothing but nursing a big fat headache.

gah.

xoxoxo happy yuletide kisses xoxoxo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make a career of naming things. It's called branding. Maybe you might want to put the copyright symbol after recipients of your branding nomenclature. Just thinking.

Monday, December 25, 2006  
Blogger JMai said...

Oh no! Working on Christmas? What a sucky thing to have to do. but the show must go on I guess.

I have eaten cookies for breakfast and tri-coloured popcorn for lunch more times in the last week than I care to admit. And I can't believe that guy STOLE Mr. Carlos Muffin. That's just rude!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there you go again, setting trends.

too funny.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home