The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Anyone have any Vicodin?

What TO DO??

So tonight is our holiday party ... the company festivus, if you will.

The question ... should I go?

Pros:
1. Chance to wear a cute outfit
2. Get out the house
3. Free food
4. Neat venue

Cons:
1. Only two free drinks; cash only bar if I want more
2. It is TUESDAY night
3. I have to get up early tomorrow
4. It's cold as hell out
5. No parking so I'd have to take pub transpo
6. I don't have anything to wear
7. Jelly's not going
8. I'm TIRED

Here's what's hanging me up. I promised several peeps I'd attend. Also, I R-S-V-P'd ... are they going to deduct the cost of those two drinks from my paycheck?

I don't think I would have fun. Therefore, forget it.

But ... but ... but ... my horoscope has been advising me to stop being such a hermit all the time. PISS!

CRAP!!

I suppose I would go if I had enough money for a cab. However, if I spend money on a cab, then I wouldn't be able to buy extra drinks.

Of course, it may be that two drinks are plenty for a night out on the town on a school night.

Right?

Except, this is a work function. It should go without saying that extra drinks are needed in order to dull the pain.

pooop. I don't know what to do.

xoxoxo ball of confusion xoxoxo

5 Comments:

Blogger The Savage said...

Umm I don't go to company Christmas parties at all.. so errrrrrrr it's probably too late for my advice anyways... just don't go....

Tuesday, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Natalia said...

Ummm...so did you gooooo? :)

-N

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

No I flaked ... but it's all good ... they all had fun, and I got lots of sleep! :o).

My new credo: Free drinks are no longer enough to entice me to come to a party.
From here on in, there must be a chance that Johnny Depp will attend as well.

That's reasonable, no?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Natalia said...

Totally reasonable. :)

-N

Friday, December 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What free drinks don't work!

Saturday, December 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home