The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Hooray Universe!!

The Universe is indeed a strange and wondrous place.

Here's a happy story that clearly illustrates its powerful, yet mysterious ways.

I have a good friend who is going through something of a tough time these days. Among OTHER things she's dealing with ... there's a bit of a shortage of the ducats around her house. No need to mention WHY, suffice it to say, it's not this girl's fault.

Anyway, she was a tidy sum short of making her expenses this month and I think we ALL know how that feels. Yucky!!

So, in a worried state, yet ready for festiveness, our heroine headed to a Thanksgiving celebration at another friend's home.

At the party, she had a nice time chatting with the mother of the woman who was throwing the shindig. My friend has come to the aid of this family, when its members were in need in the past, and there's much love all around.

Well, when she got home from the gathering, what did my friend find slipped into her purse but a holiday card from the mom-lady ALONG with a check sizable enough to get her through the month with a little left over.

YES! is that not FABULOUS? That's such a lovely example of the Universe Coming Through at the exact moment in time help is most needed!

Every time I think of this, I get all happy inside.

That's my Thanksgiving story this year.

********************************************************
Unfortunately, I have not so happy news to report today as well.

My poor little Noodle has an ulcer in her Eyeball. Ugh. It looks gross and like it hurts too. Poor Noods! She went to the vet on Saturday and got some medicines. She has to go back today to make sure they're taking effect. I hope they work because I don't think Noodle would appreciate having to wear an eyepatch.


It has come to my attention that I need to set something straight for all y'all who have known me for years.

Yes. For about four years, starting in 1992, I made Thanksgiving dinner for my colleagues. Let me make this clear. I did NOT do it out of the goodness of my heart. No, I did it because I got THREE comp days for doing it. (dinner for 16 is NO joke) (plus the company paid for the ingredients) (the dinner was needed because this joint is open on Thanksgiving).

You see, as the program coordinator (the job I DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE AND HAVEN'T HAD FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS) I was responsible for getting the dinner to the people who were working in the newsroom on Thanksgiving Day. It didn't matter HOW I did it, whether I bought it, ordered it from a restaurant, or made it myself. I JUST HAD TO GET IT FOR THEM.

I chose to make it myself because of the comp day factor. If I bought it elsewhere, I didn't get three comp days, I would only get one.

That little duty effectively ended in 1996. TEN years ago. So no. I did NOT make the Thanksgiving dinner for the newsroom this year. I didn't do it last year either, nor for the eight years prior to that.

So please DO NOT ASK ME WHETHER I MADE DINNER FOR THE NEWSROOM!!! I have had **SIX** jobs since I was in the position where that was even a possibility and I wouldn't do it again, for love OR money. Or comp days, for that matter. And there's no way I would do it again because IT IS NO LONGER PART OF MY JOB DESCRIPTION to arrange holiday meals for journalists. That's because MY JOB IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOW.


To review:

I have a completely DIFFERENT JOB NOW.

THAT IS NOT MY JOB ANYMORE and HASN'T BEEN for a LONG LONG time.

Thank you for listening.

xoxoxo love, kisses, but NO frigging t-g dinner for you xoxoxoxo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm i must apologize, i was just thinking back on the old days~~~

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger The Savage said...

Reguardless of whether or not anything is in your job description, you are still awesome and are too a pretty princess!!!

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger JMai said...

The universe is good like that sometimes. Pay it forward and all taht do-gooder jazz.

I won't ask. But why would anyone ask you if you were making dinner for the newsroom anyway?

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i give you my timesheet?


heh.

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

hello peeps! thanks for indulging my rant.

No apology necessary Gary, Just don't let it happen again.

Thank you Savage.

Jmai, it's a mystery.

No Terry you may not.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

poor noods
carlossalmonmuffin?
baahaha
so, how did making t-giving dinner for the newsroom go?
I kid, I kid.
I have a new blog up. READ.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home