The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mercury sucks

Yes, its my usual complaint.

My ruling planet is constantly retrograde! gah!!!

It is not fair to expect me to maintain normalcy when a stupid PLANET cannot even travel along a forward path.

The good things about being Gemini certainly outweigh the bad, but as if having two personalities wasn't enough, I am being pulled in different directions every time I turn around.

No cheese here. It's RAINING!! hooray! I can't wait to go home and put on my jammies.

Yesterday there was a party here at work. It was awesome. We had a caramel apple pie with freshly whipped cream as well as two pizzas and all kinds of post Halloween candy. Including MINI m and m's. they're so teeny.

I am reading this great book right now called "A Trip to the Stars." It is too surreal to explain but is quite good.

I came up with a great new pick up line. (MAN!! I wish I was a 23 year old guy because I really think chicks would dig me) Anyways. I tried this out and it seemed to work, though I had failed to target someone I really wanted to talk to for more than thirty seconds. Live and learn, I guess.

Let me set the scene:

When: Halloween Night, about 12:36A-M
Where: 12 Galaxies
With: Tex (as Rapunzel) Scott (as Charlie Brown) and other assorted partyers.
Why: Good Question.

Tex and I were standing at the end of the bar when ... suddenly ... I catch a glimpse of a young man who looks startlingly authentic dressed up as Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. WOW!! So, I walked up to him:

Me: (dorky Axl Rose/Pirate hybrid) "Um ... were you looking for me?"
Wolve: (startled, turns to look) "Hmmm... I MIGHT be."
Me: "Oh! well I guess you found me." (Here's where my efforts fell short. The BOY has to pick up the ball and run with it quickly and decisively because I'm only good for a quarter mile)
Wolve: (failing to pick UP the ball): "Oh. heh" ... (long pause) "What's your name?"
Me: "I'm di-AHN-a"
Wolve: "nice to meet you, I'm blurble mumble"
Me: "What"
Wolve: Blurble!!! blurble!! I live in Pittsburg!
Me: (cutting my losses) "Oh! hey!"

It occurred to me then that A. He was most likely young enough to be my son and B. He was geographically undesirable (because, you know, that ALWAYS stops me) and C. May have been there with a boy.

Come to think of it, maybe he DIDN'T mean Pittsburg, PA, but the Bay Area burg of Pitt. duh.

whatevs. But isn't that a GREAT pick up line? He was totally forced to talk to me.

And if there would have been any interest between us, the conversation would have flowed naturally AND ... it would make a good "cute meet" story.

Now I'm not going to patent this, but if you employ this pick up method, let me know if you get good results.

x0x0x0 LOVE!! and kisses with age and interest appropriate peeps! x0x0x0

I know. I have too much time on my hands.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fucking mercury.


and i LOOOOVE that pickup line...!

mr. blurble mumble doesn't know what he's missing.

Thursday, November 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home