The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kitty Cat P-S-A

I know all y'all are super - jellus when I post stories and photos of Miss Noodle and Little Carlos Muffin because they are so frigging cute!!

Well, no longer need you be sad because you don't have your own little fuzzy pal.

That's because the Marin Persian Rescue Society is putting an emergency call out for people who will give their little clients foster and/or permanent homes!!

I know. It's a dream come true.

This is the place that gave me Noodle. And they're in dire straits at the moment, due to ... according to the website ... massive dumping of inventory by unscrupulous breeders. Which means breeders looking to get out of the business of breeding cats aren't bothering to find homes for the animals that provided them with kittens to sell. Instead, they're flooding area shelters with tons of these poor little sweet cats. That's taxing the ability of rescue providers to foster homeless cats while permanent homes are sought - so lots of cats are left at shelters to ... you guessed it. To be put down. Wah!

So I'm just putting it out there. I know, I know. There are so many reasons NOT to have a cat! And no worries if you can't ... I still think you are super neato and cool too. I am just reaching out with this information JUST IN CASE there's someone reading this who maybe has been wanting a little snuggly pal.

**end PSA**

In other news ... it's FALL!! In October, this is my favorite time of year! In June, I love Summer best ... but right now I have tights and sweaters ... new scarves and mittens plus big clompy boots and fun fabulous coats on my mind. Hooray!

Tonight will be the best night ever. I have a houseguest named Lolita, frozen potatoes in my freezer, grated cheese in my refrigerator and red wine in my bodega.

I am going to make a cheesey casserole, pour myself a glass and watch new episodes of my TWO favorite shows! LOST (welcome back Sayid! *glmsch*! ) and ANTM.

I can't think of anything that would make me happier at this minute.

Unless - that is - I hear about a massive exodus of cats out of the Marin Persian Rescue and into the arms of all my loved ones.

xoxo kisses and love-pats! xoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home