The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bad Planning

Here are three things you may already know about me: I'm a coffee achiever, a lover of red wine ... and a cigarette addict. (still! I know!! LOSER!! oh well.)

These vices add up to one result: OOKY TEETH.

Luckily there is a remedy for such things. It is called "Britesmile."

Yes. I went to the Britesmile "tooth whitening spa," had gunk put on my teeth, and sat in a pod equipped with a white pleather lounge chair, where my mouth was bathed in blue light for an hour. It was so Star Trek! I also got to watch VH-1 so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

And when I was done ... well. Let me just say, I HAVE WHITE TEETH!

They look really sparkly. Hooray!

But my timing was horrible. I was sitting there in my personal pod, about halfway through being gunkified, when the gunk applyer tells me, by the way, you can't smoke, drink red wine, or have coffee for the next 24 HOURS!

WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A daunting quest, to be sure, to avoid my beloved trifecta of mood altering substances for 24 hours. But, doable really.

But NOT on the day that LOST premiered!! (dooontsch)

Because the teeth whitening peeps also said I couldn't eat or drink anything that was anything but white, clear or cream-colored for the same time period.

So my careful preparations for a pizza and wine fueled frenzy in my living room to celebrate the return of my favorite show were dead. I was forced to regroup.

All my favorite foods were verboten. No sandwiches. No beer. No nuggets. No pesto. No NOTHING!! not even cheddar cheese.

I ended up having pasta alfredo with asiago cheese, white onions and breast of chicken.

To drink, I had water. I was very sad and sulky about it.

But boy, my teeth look nice.

xoxo KISSES and SPARKLES xoxoxo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you coulda had white wine... or vodka... no?

Thursday, October 05, 2006  
Blogger JMai said...

Ooh I want to do britesmile. Is it very costly?

Thursday, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

I guess I could have had a light colored drink but I was too depressed.

It cost $379 dollas but that is in SF ... totally worth it!!!

:o)!!

Friday, October 06, 2006  
Blogger The Savage said...

Of course they tell you DURING the procedure.... The bastiches...

Monday, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home