The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm well!!

Hooray! I've recovered from the dizzy flu. That one sucked. oogh. I couldn't walk without getting mass vertigo. Forget driving. Which is a good idea if you're high on Nyquil for five straight days anyway.

So being all nice and tucked up in bed with nothing to eat but a half dozen Popeye biscuits (thanks Mari!) plus some frozen taquitos is not all that unpleasant. I also had my favorite sick peeple food: Two packages of Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. Cheese flavored. (natch). Here's what's good. Before putting one of the slabs in the oven, you slather the edges all over with copious amounts of butter. It is tasty invalid gruel.

So I was all better by Saturday morning! Just in time to party down with Lolita on Saturday night.

I used to be a professional partyer. Not so much anymore. How DUMB can you be to go into the wrong club? Yes. That is what happened. Still. In my defense, I was a few cocktails in when it happened and they ARE (the wrong club and the right club) right next door to each other.

That's what happens when you pick your destination because the bouncer has dimples.

But when you have someone fun as your company, the wrong nightclub isn't a catastrophe. And it wasn't as bad as equally out of practice Lola's mistake of making plans for us to attend a show in San Francisco. As it turns out, the show was in OAKLAND.

so: let's add up the score here.

Diana: Wrong nightclub
Lolita: Wrong city

Indeed, I'm still winning. After we cleared up the city confusion, but before we plunged into the world of crappy nightclubs, your intrepid duo decided we needed a drink. So we ducked into this storefront bar on Folsom Street.

Suddenly, we were in another world. MeatLoaf's classic "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" wailed from the jukebox.

The overly cheerful yet defiantly goth bartender took our orders and fixed our drinks with way too much enthusiasm.

We took a seat in the dank and smoky back area ... where all was lit with red light.

Then, we noticed every other customer was there by himself. And they all seemed to be taking turns going out this doorway leading to a closed alley between the building housing this dive and the next building over.

My theory is they had some sort of torture chamber set up out there. I did not check my theory, however.

They're having a party there next Saturday. We got the flyer. It's free. Who's with me?

So the good thing is, I got out and mixed and mingled!! hooray for me!

And when we FINALLY got to the right club, the friendly D-J was more than happy to put my favorite song on ... yes. STAND AND DELIVER!!

xoxoxo kisses from your party mistress xoxoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for good health!

and hooray for stumbling into weird places about which you can blog.

sounds like fun.

what kind of party are they having next week??

Monday, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home