The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Return of the Dull

Okay! I'm back! Sorry about that blip. It's just that trying to come up with something to write on here about was making my eyes glaze over.

And I felt like if I didn't say anything about taking a break, my biggest fans (i.e. the D-N-A replicators a.k.a the 'rents) would get worried that I was sick or depressed.

So. Here I am again, ready to go.

Here's something completely idiotic that happened at work last week. A woman who works here on an outpatient basis was in the newsroom on Friday. She'd had the best sex EVER on Thursday night.

You might wonder how in the world I know that. I will tell you. It's because she came over to my desk, leaned over and staged whispered that fact into my ear.

Now, if you know me at all, you'd know that I'm somewhat prim. Proper even. or, what the hell. I am a borderline PRUDE. I mean, I can make crude jokes and talk like a sailor, but really. I am NOT the person you want to talk to about your real life sexcapades. I don't like it at all. My friends know this, and are always kind about sparing me the down and dirty details.

And just telling me about how MAJESTIC her little interlude was was not enough.

I also had to hear about how much I have to look forward to because "sex is SO MUCH BETTER when you are middle aged, honey!"

That's when she stopped with the stage whispering and started yelling.

Apparently, I'm missing out on a giant trend, which is, to wit, middle aged women having great sex.

Boy, I better get on that one while its hot!

To cap it off, she high fived me. WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost started to cry because I was so horrified. But it was kind of funny as well.

so HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AH HA HA HA

Anyways. This weekend I went to Jelly's! I got lost walking from the BART station to her house. oops. I eventually found my way with her help. A friendly mail-man also came to my aid. So it was all good. I drank a beer as soon as I arrived and that made it even better! I also asked Jelly how the sex with her husband was the night before.

No. Just kidding. I didn't really.

Then, Terry, Laura and Rebecca came over!! Laura babysat Luke (the cutest little nine month old in the world!) while the rest of went to a Mexican restaurant and celebrated Terry's ten years of liberation from her marriage gone wrong. Go Terry!

THEN we all went to Target. Terry got a drying rack. I got cute socks with kissing frogs, striped tights, and a metallic pink pet carrier for Noodle. Jelly has a sharpie fetish and I think got some new pens. Re got some chalk.

On Sunday, I cleaned up my whole mini-house and even mopped the floors. Hooray! It is so fresh and nice. Then Mari came over and we went to Pops and got a beer. I love Pops because they let you bring dogs in. There were TWO big, cute pitbull type doggies hanging out. We got to pet them.

Mari pulled something really special out of her little pack for me when she got to my house.

It was THREE biscuits and some chicken nuggety things from Popeye's! Mari rules.

After work today, I am going to Anna's. We are going to go running with the twins. We have a new pact to run every Tuesday and Thursday. We do it at her house because she lives on the beach. There's also this wildland area nearby where lots of little animals live. In the springtime, there are BABY BUNNIES scampering about, as well as baby marine birds floating on ponds.

The twins can't walk yet more than a few steps, so they'll actually be in the stroller during our run. They'll be having more fun than us, I bet.

I think that when I get my little yellow flower covered cottage and cute animal farm, I want it to be located near an ocean so that wayward sea lions will feel free to come over.

xoxoxo love and slobbery ocean creature kisses x0x0x0

2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

"on an outpatient basis..."

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha HILARIOUS.

so sorry you were traumatized by that. but i'm so glad we got to hang out saturday! that was great fun.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  
Blogger JMai said...

I totally didn't get the outpatient basis thing until I read Terry's comment. Ha.

I like sex just fine at pre-middle age. So I'm good with the waiting. And I'm not a prude, but I DO NOT want to know about co-worker's sex lives. I just don't.

Glad to hear you're good and that Noodle will be stylin. Yay!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home