The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Thanks Universe!

Giving credit where credit is due, I must thank the Universe!!

Remember the other day, I posted a list of items I had hoped the Universe would speed my way?

Well, I am already closer to achieving the goal of iPod-ownerism and userism!! It's all thanks to a timely meeting this weekend with my cousin Betty and her family. Her husband works for a company that provides products compatible with Apple tools and he says he will hook me up with everything I need to turn my iPod, when I get it, into a car stereo as well as with other bonus items.

So if there are things you need in your life, I highly recommend getting the Universe involved.

The end.

This stupid cold weather needs to STOP. It is hurting my lips.

Happy M-L-K day! Today is the day we reflect on brotherly love, peace and equality. We do that by focusing on the life, words, actions and the unfortunate murder of one man who had a vision of those things being achievable and in fact saw that those things MUST be achieved if we hope to grow as a nation of human beings.

I hope every year we can come another step closer to realizing full equality for everyone.

That's all I've got today!

x0x0x0 peace and kisses plus cuddles xoxoxoxo

**UPDATE**

Here's an MLK related story. Today, a co-worker arrived at work in a mood that can only be described as deeply disturbed. It seems he was pulled over by a cop in a Union City McDonald's parking lot yesterday, where he had gone with his grandson to get a Happy Meal. The cop refused to see his insurance and registration, saying he only needed to see his license. (what?) Cop then tells co-worker that he ostensibly pulled my co-worker over for not having a front license plate on his fancy Mercedes, but in fact REALLY pulled him over because he was "wearing a [Raiders] beanie."

To review: My co-worker is a Black man. He was wearing a knit beanie cap. Therefore, he was pulled over.

This is what is known as racial profiling. This is one of the things Dr. MLK wanted to see STOP happening.

I say this is related to MLK because this all happened on the eve of the day we honor the slain civil rights worker ... and man, I bet he would have been proud to see all the advancements that have been made since his death. Not.

Gah.

3 Comments:

Blogger JMai said...

I feel a little guilty, because I am spending MLK day in my jammies, yelling at the Toyota service rep who has been holding my car hostage for 3 days, and THINKING about cleaning. Oh, and I worked a little.

Well, it's only noon. Maybe I will be more productive before the day's up.

Yay Universe! iPod ownership is awesome... I can attest to that, as a new owner myself.

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn. this was such a happy post until that bit at the end about the g-man.

cripes.

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for acknowledging the day, as what it is: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.s days.

Oh and what have you named your iPod? You know you get to name it, right?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home