The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Answer: Brain Explosion

I'll bet it all on the daily double: What happens when you cross overt catladyism with stressballesia and add huge dose of geek?

Oh my GOD I am freaking out!! On the other hand, if this was a game of Jeopardy, I would have just cleaned up. Alas, this is NOT a game show, but my life.

Here is the source of my stress: Next month, I am off to Oregon. Hooray! and it is an extra special trip too, for my super neato and totally awesome BFF Cindy is getting married! I can't wait. But for some reason, I decided to fly there as opposed to drive, and I bought an non-refundable ticket. (WHY??? dammit) That means Carlos Muffin and Noodle have to stay at home. I know, big deal, right? I've already engaged a lovely young man (Tex' boyfriend, in fact) to come watch them. Carlos and Noodle have met him and like him.

But, but, but. WILL THEY BE OKAY? WILL THEY BE HAPPY? WILL THEY MISS ME? WILL THEY STOP GOING TO THE BATHROOM IN THEIR LITTERBOX TO GET BACK AT ME? These are the questions that prey on my mind.

I literally could not fall asleep last night because I was BROODING about this. Noodle was snuggled up next to me all snortling and purffling and I just thought - HOW WILL YOU GET ALONG WITHOUT ME? (Can I ask Chris to use the snot extraction bulb on her nubbin? Exactly.)

Isn't it funny how in the deepest dark of night (okay, 10:38 PM) these kinds of concerns are tortuous - but - when the sun comes up - they seem so idiotic? Of course they'll be okay! They'll probably be glad to get a break from me and my smothering, clingy love. They'll appreciate having a nice, matter of fact guy around the house handling their lives without any fuss. Noodle's whole congestion problem will probably clear up. And you KNOW Carlos will be so happy to hang out with a DUDE.

I am so glad I don't have children. Jeezus. I simply would not be able to cope.

Day 35. It occured to me that a smoke would have gone down real nice in the midst of all that stupid worrying. WHATEVER I KNOW IT'S GREAT. GO ME.

xoxoxo sulky love and reluctant kisses xoxoxoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Normal Pie said...

A week or so with a male figure will be good for both the kitties, Carlos AND Noodle. Sure, they'll miss you. But they will grow from it, and they will be a little more mature when you get home. They'll still be your babies, but they'll be a bit more... more... more sturdy!

Friday, March 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home