The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sticky Situation

As I may have mentioned, a happy event is coming up - the wedding of my lovely friend Cindy and her devoted swain Tony.

It's going to be a BIG FAT party - a destination wedding of sorts at a special overnight location in the wilds (kind of) of Oregon.

I get to have my own cabin. YEAH! Except I might get to share with Jo the dog.

Yesterday I received an invitation in the mail to a special gathering to take place at the site on the eve of the nuptials. It was sent from Cindy's future ladies in law, who, in honor of Cindy, are throwing what they call a "personal" shower. It is supposed to be a surprise (they even underlined it). Sounds fun, no?

Now Cindy is my best friend, and has been since we were just 16 years old. She HATES surprises. HATES. Even more than I do, if that's possible. However, if there was any doubt, I cleared it up last night by calling her and saying - Hey Cindy, how do you feel about surprise parties? Her reply: I HATE THEM! Okay. So, no gray areas there. I didn't tell her what her future family members are planning, because - it's a surprise. I think it is so sweet of them to plan something for her and it's obvious they love her and want to make her happy.

What is my duty as BFF here? Do I keep quiet? Do I tell her, so that she may be prepared? Do I send her a link to this blog entry? My first instinct is to keep quiet but if the situation was reversed, I'd want her to tell me.

Great Odin's Raven! WHAT TO DO????? Maybe somebody else will spill the cheese.

I just hope this festivity wraps early.

Incidentally, I don't think "personal" shower, in this case, means I should gift my friend with a marital aid. I'm sure these ladies just mean I should give Cindy a gift that isn't necessarily a bridal-type gift-like bath salts as opposed to pot-holders or whatever.

There's no way.

right?

oh god

In other cheese: I was SICK this week! yucky. I'm getting better though.

xoxoxo top of the head kisses, to avoid germs xoxoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

would it be possible to alert the fine party-givers to cindy's hatred of surprises? then maybe they can decide whether to change the plan...

sorry you've been sick!

hey, your pashmina has arrived. we need to get together soon...

Thursday, March 27, 2008  
Blogger JMai said...

I was going to say just exactly what Miss Terry said -- tell the surprisers that surprisee is surprise-averse.

Feel better and enjoy your lovely red pashmina!

Saturday, March 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home