The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, October 28, 2005

A big lesson

I learned one today.

Never assume, just because you are in the Bay Area, that the young man you chat with every day at the coffee cart shares your views.

HAH!

I used to have kind of a crush on this guy. He's polite, attractive and has a beautiful voice. Then I noticed he was wearing a wedding band ... which, of course, means he's off-limits for my impure thoughts. Still though, doesn't change the fact he's a pleasant chap all around.

Mostly all around, I should say. Today ... I found out that he's a massive ... republican.

So before you open your big mouth to tell someone how happy you are about the coming indictment of Scooter Libby ... and how disappointed you are that it's not Karl or Dick taking one for the team ... you might want to make sure the person you're talking to won't take offense. That is, if you're like me, and hate confrontation.

In other news, it turns out I'm a major trendsetter. Forget carrot sticks. Yesterday's Contra Costa Times reported THE hot healthy snack is ready-to-eat green beans. (complete with a little graphic of smiling green beans in a Radio City Music Hall style kick line)

Six weeks ago, I was offering the very same pre-washed beanage to the masses here.

True to my title, I've moved on. Today's I'm having sweet peas from a bag. Dee-LICIOUS!!

But I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo






2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

hahahahahahahaha.
d, you are too funny.

and who could take offense at anything you say?

i think HE'S a dork.

Friday, October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAP I wrote this great posting, and then lost it. But let me just give you all the gist of it. Continue talking to the Rep because the rift here in the U.S. is just getting bigger and more divisive. We have to keep the dialogue open and the judgments closed. But alas, this is idealism at its greatest.

A similar thing happened to me with a regular on my morning bus commute. Every morning we would have great little conversations and then I learned about his views on religion. After that morning, never again did I see him. He went as far as when we deboarded at the same spot, he ran, not walked quickly, but ran from me. I suppose I'm going to hell.

Monday, October 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home