The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Bittersweet Event


The morning team has been nominated for a prestigious award from a certain organization again this year.

It's always exciting, whether we win or not.

I am part of the morning team, and this year I ACTUALLY GOT INVITED TO THE AWARDS CEREMONY!

This is a first. Normally, I'm the team member who is left OFF the guest list. I always kind of feel like that kid who plays Walt on Lost who didn't get to go to the Emmy's.

So I'm totally happy that I'm finally included. But I'm sad it took this long (five years) for TPTB to recognize I'm not just another lump behind a computer taking up space.

Oh well. Better late than never. And since we're up against our biggest competitors, I'm packing a trident, in case there's some sort of Ron Burgundy- style rumble following the ceremony.

In other cheese, I have made an AMAZING discovery.

Did you know that there is such a thing as teacup persians?

See above. That is a full grown cat but weighs about three pounds.

Perhaps if I got this particular kitty, Messy would take to it as if it were her "mini-me".

Or maybe she'd rip it to shreds and eat the head first.

Hard to tell, really.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005  
Blogger terry said...

I can't wait to hear your acceptance speech.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005  
Blogger terry said...

By the way... you are no lump. You are the Queen of Cheese... AND of news!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! omg! i want to see the comment deleted by the administrator!! that's so cool to have a comment SOOO outrageous it had to be deleted by an administrator!!

but i digress. first, of all, i think we need to update TPTB to TPTP--last word being "pretend."

second of all...you ARE The Morning Show!! You write the words that make the anchors sing. (c'mon...sing it with me...) That's all there is to it. I know it. Dorkarama knows it. The Littlest Corral knows it. And YOU need to know it, if you don't already!!!

We love you DeeWee...

Thursday, October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home