The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Dick and Sally are Psychic


Dick and Sally, of course, are the 'rents.

When I was still a fetus they were discussing what to name me. Apparently, the front runners were Jennifer and Sharon.

I am neither a Jennifer, nor a Sharon, though I wouldn't have minded either of those names.

But then they went to see Fantasia and changed their minds. Apparently the Goddess Artemis is featured in that movie. I don't remember that part. But they saw it just days before I made my happy little appearance and that, as well as Dick's thing for Diana Rigg ... or maybe it was Wonder Woman, anyway, they settled on Diana as my moniker ... a.k.a. Artemis, the Goddess for Whom I am named.

So I came across this description of Artemis on the Internet the other day:

Goddess Artemis (Diana), the Goddess of Animals, the Hunt, Birth and the Moon, is God Apollo's twin sister and opposite. She wants solitude and autonomy at any price. She rejects the sexual bond, despite her beauty and desirability. She teaches women that feminine separatism becomes the only way of escaping male domination over women. Goddess Artemis and her fierce independence preserves a woman from identification with society. A woman who worships Goddess Artemis is cured of the compulsive need to be liked and surrounded by men. She learns that solitude is an inner space that must be defended without guilt. A woman of Artemis protects herself from physical or psychological intrusion and does not easily open her arms to people. Goddess Artemis encourages a woman to submit to the powerful workings of untamed nature, especially during the pain of birth. An Artemis worshiper defends sacred interior and exterior feminine territory from abuse and from men. She celebrates her feminine powers with animals and Moon spirituality.


Some of that is quite apt ... scarily so. I love it!! How did they know what a weirdo I would turn out to be, unless they have special powers? I have never come across any secret ceremonies or unusual altars in their house or anything.

It's simply uncanny.

Anyway, I have lots of new developing fetuses in my life right now, and names are top of mind for these parents to be. Anna has found a beautiful name for her little girl twin but hasn't yet come up with something for her boy. My violin teacher has settled on Isaac for her little Libra. Jelly's baby is a mere grape at this point so everything is on the table.

So if anyone has a good boy's name to suggest shoot it over to Anna.

Just don't ask her to name him Jonny Mosely. She's tired of pimping for that stoner.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeow, dead on description of you. dick and sally are psychic, plus sally makes a great bag lunch

Thursday, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second gift our parents give us is our name. I truly believe that our name influences our developement and the paths we seek to creating our identify, so thank you moms and/or dads!

Sunday, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home