The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Comfort Hippo


Have you ever noticed just HOW CUTE hippotami are?

I just asked the newsroom at large WHY baby hippos are so adorable.

Todd says it is so their parents don't eat them.

I wonder if animals really reason things out like that. "hmm... i'm really hungry ... ah, here's a tender morsel ... yeah ... ummmhmmm ... oops! Dammit! I ate my baby!" And he was SO cute!"

Probably not.

Anyways. I have two hippos of my own. It would be super dooper cool if they were the size of gerbils and I had a giant terrarium/aquarium that I kept them in, then took them out every once in a while to play with and everything. But no. I DON'T have mini-hippos, because I don't think there's such a thing.

Instead, I have stuffed hippos. One lives at work and one lives at my house. The one at work is cute. He is the size of a kitten and came to me via Ole, who didn't want him for some reason. Not to worry, Comfort Hippo!! I love you!!

I loan him to co-workers when they are in need. My hungover friend borrowed him on Friday and he helped her feel better.

The one that lives at my house is bigger. Like the size of a normal house cat (not a Messy cat). He is a secret comfort hippo. I got him at the Pacifica Fog Fest last year from this lady who makes nothing but hippos. I was holding it (and kind of pinching it), then told the lady "I can't buy this! For God's sake I'm a grown woman!" She talked me into it by telling me the hippo is a health care aid ... you put under your neck for a good night's sleep. That's all I needed to hear. After she got done wrapping it she said "oh, and it's good for cuddling too." Indeed, he is. But if anyone asks, I do not sleep with my hippo. I sleep with my hippo-shaped neck helper.

So if you are sad or lonely, I recommend getting some sort of hippo. You'll feel better right away.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

3 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

that secret hippo isn't so secret anymore...

and who the hell shows up at work hungover? how immature. how unprofessional.
*urp.

Monday, October 03, 2005  
Blogger terry said...

(by the way... thanks for the use of the hippo!!)

Monday, October 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that hippos are cute but so are giraffes..and small chipmunks, well, just about anything small is cute... Why don't we love large things.. like say my large ass or my big cheeks or my swelling belly... um...wait ... yeah

we should all cuddle with something soft and squishy..

Monday, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home