The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, October 21, 2005

A Sad Day ....

It is a day of goodbyes.

Today is my work friend Caesar Salad's last day at the "ranch."

After 12 years he's finally crunched his last crouton here! Good one Salad. He's moving on to a better job with better pay. Hooray! Salad!

The sad part is that now he won't be able to keep me company on my late morning break.

In addition, the little blue french cheese icon thing that represents me has been removed from its URL. So it's no longer visible! I think I may have finessed a way to re-post it.

But I will experiment on my home computer because as you know, I come to work to WORK.

With Salad's departure, I inherited a treasure trove of fun office supplies. I got a little olive bowl I'd been coveting for years, two clippy magnets, a super cool paper clip holder, a pencil sharpener shaped like a rocket ship, a rubber duck wearing a straw hat and a straw hat designed for humans that looks just like the duck's!

My friend Joe took a photo of me and the duck wearing our matching hats. I'll post it here if he emails it to me. I asked him to send it to me and he said: why, do you want to put it on your match.com profile??

Hah! That would be funny. I wonder if I'd hear from lonely duck lovers. I actually don't have a match.com profile, but if I look hot in my straw hat and holding my be-straw-hatted duck, I may have to get one.

I've been seeing this commercial advertising this vapid looking new sitcom that I think is on tonight. I can't remember what it's called but it seems to be about online dating. In the commercial, one character says something like "Hey, I believe in falling in love the old fashioned way ... in a bar, late at night, when you've had too much to drink."

My first reaction was: Yeah! I feel the same way!

How embarassing. Oh well.

Ah yes: Friday, with Monday off. Mentally, I'm on a giant pillow shaped like the pillsbury dough boy, my second favorite commercial character after the zoloft egg.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

hey, who said you could take monday off???

THAT SUCKS.

Friday, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home