The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Counting blessings

That's what I was doing last night.

I went to bed at 6 o'clock. I was wearing some super comfy flannel jammies, I had a good book to read, and a small and extremely lovable kitty sleeping at my feet. I wanted for nothing. Although it would have been nice if Johnny Depp brought me a mug of Sleepytime tea and maybe offered to rub my feet. Hell, he could have given me a pedicure as well.

Still, all the necessities were in place.

So off I drift into slumberland where I was dreaming about eating a bowl of oatmeal with coconut covered dates ... when a sound outside my window shook me out of the deepest recesses of sleep.

At first, I had no idea what it was. Then, it hit me. It was a person standing in the rainy street, wailing like their heart was going to break.

I listened for a few minutes, then looked out the window. The person was leaning against a parked S-U-V, banging his or her (couldn't tell) head against the window. I noticed the woman who lived across the street come to her window. I saw several people pass by the crier without a glance.

I have never heard a sadder sound than that person's anguish. I felt helpless. What to do?
I pulled my fur covered duvet up a little higher and petted my little cat who was all curled up and purring and listened. And thought, man. I am so lucky. It's warm and comfy and full of love in here. I can get up and have tea and toast with real butter anytime I want.

Finally two girls walking down the street attempted to comfort the crier, who ended up running away from their ministrations.

I hope the crier got help. And I hope the would be helpers have a really good day today and that something nice happens for them.

Maybe I should have put on my clothes and gone out there. But, as Pauline says, you have to take care of yourself first. So I did. And I don't feel bad about it.

Of course, if there was some sort of crime taking place, I would have called the cops. I'm not completely heartless.

Lost is on tonight. Hooray!!!

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home