The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Sad sad days ....

That's what these are, indeed.

I hate to be a complainer, but I need to vent. What's up with institutions like my bank and my H-M-O? Both have screwed up this week in ways that are inconvenient and even costly to me. Der! Stupid global corporations.

Also, my face is still ooky. It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts! wah.

Okay, so I'm going to write about something happy for a second, just to balance things out.

I guess it's actually kind of pathetic that what is making me happiest this week is my new coffee maker from Target. Oh well. It's really neat!

It's a baby sized coffee maker. Like if your ten cup Mr. Coffee coffee maker had a baby. (or, more accurately, if your Mr. Coffee impregnated a Mrs. Tea machine which then gave birth to an entity that was the spit and image of its dad.)

So it only makes two cups at a time. Which is just the amount I need. And it has the delay brew feature so I can get it ready at night and when I wake up, there's hot coffee waiting for me in my faithful little mini carafe. It also shuts off automatically, which is a boon to people with O-C-D.

I really really love it.

Come to think of it, I have another new item that's made my life more joyful. It was a gift from my friend Rebecca. It's an aspirator (aka "snot sucker") for preemies. It's for Noodle and it works!! I was using it on her nubbin last night and I think she's breathing a lot more easily today. Thanks RE!

So I'm not really that sad. Just tired of work. And of banks.

xoxoxo kisses/hugs and aspirations!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home