The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Serenity NOW

I am still mad at my bank. Let me get that out. STOP the OVERDRAFT transfers!! geebus.

Is there anything dumber than having a gander at your account balance two days before payday and seeing that you're more than 800 dollars OVERDRAWN?

My math is not THAT bad. The mistake the bank keeps making is so egregious that at least it explains itself every time I call them.

The fifteenth cannot arrive soon enough.

The sad part is I have been doing SO GOOD at frugality. The Gods are conspiring against me to empty my bank account if I don't do it myself! piss!

Still. I have managed to simplify my life somewhat. I picked a chair up from off the street while I was walking to my car yesterday morning. It's this cute maple vanity chair with a creamy colored vinyl seat. It's TINY and oh so cute! It's the new perch of Squishy Airplane Pig, Homebound Comfort Hippo, Gangly Bear, Paris Bear, Baby Banana in Pajamas and Melvin.

I think they're very comfy. If a bit crowded.

Cindy and Nicole have both gotten new cars over the past couple of weeks. And both have privately expressed to me how GUILTY they feel about their old cars, sitting there on the sidewalks outside their respective homes ... looking on as the new car is embraced and they are cast out.

HAH!! see! I'm not the only one with inappropriate anthropormorphizing tendencies! Everyone knows cars are unfeeling hunks of metal, with no soul and no feelings.

Unlike stuffed animals, which come alive at night to play.

kissess ! hugs!! xoxoxo

4 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

goddamned bank! how'd they do that???


god, i'm so glad i'm not the only one who felt guilty replacing my old cars....especially my first one.... the poor honda i drove into the ground.

when i was preparing to drive away in its replacement, the people at the dealership came running over to ask me how to get the key out of the ignition.

i was baffled. you just turn it to the off position, and pull it out, i said.

the honda wouldn't stop running, and it wouldn't let go of the key.

that had never happened before.

it knew....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, that reminds me of when my husband tearfully had to let go of the 1970 VW bug that dwelt, broken down, in his gargage for years, after many years of happy memories when it was alive. When the tow truck came to take it away, it wouldn't release the emergency brake and it dragged its wheels all the way down the street and out of Dave's life.

It, too, knew.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Everyone knows cars are unfeeling hunks of metal, with no soul and no feelings."

Bike's on the other hand... know.

A FYI your's is ready for p/u.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006  
Blogger JMai said...

Your bank wouldn't by any chance be Wachovia, would it? Hmmm.

Amen to simplifying life!

Thursday, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home