The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fruity Feelings



Here is an artist after my own heart.


It's Saxton Freymann, and according to his website, he's a New York City artist who "creates emotional animals completely out of produce."

You can read more about him and see more of his creations by clicking on that link!!

They are so so cute!! This looks like a dad tomato and a toddler tomato. Maybe they're at a baseball game or something.

Anyway. I was searching for a picture of a cute baby tomato when I came across Mr. Freymann's work.

((by the way, the tee shirt shown has nothing to do with Saxton Freymann's work. However, a serendipitous email from Jelly yesterday contained a link to that shirt, and advised me to purchase one. Only if she does too and we wear them to work on the same day. In different colors, of course. )

ANYWAY. The reason I wanted a baby tomato pic is because I have my very own baby tomato sitting at my desk this week. He's green, not red and is about the size of a small pea. He has a substantial stem and is quite cute. My friend gave him to me after she found him hiding inside her little package of cherry tomatoes. I am quite attached already and am keeping him safe from an evil co-worker who threatened to squash him.

You know. It's the little things that keep me sane. Or not. I don't know which it is really. It probably IS strange to adopt a pea sized tomato as a pet.

Also, he doesn't DO much. Just sort of wobbles and falls over on his side when I try to place him upright. Also, he's very quiet.

I'LL NEVER EAT KETCHUP AGAIN!!

The magazine fairy left me an OK magazine today. Hooray! Now I can catch up on my celebrity cheese.

Thanks MF. Not Mo-Fo but Magazine Fairy.

That's an important distinction.

I have an idea that should make me millions of dollars. I'm still working out the details but when the checks start rolling in, there will be minicows for all.

xoxoxo kisses!!

2 Comments:

Blogger JMai said...

I love that tshirt! I was wondering if it was the same artist since the two didn't really seem to go together.

Also, tell me your idea and I'll tell you if it's a moneymaker :)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Hi Jmai!

OOOH! tricky! but I will still send you a minicow.

I will say it has something to do with airplanes.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home