The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Good Times

Last night the Bay Area welcomed the long lost Lolita back into our loving fold by producing a little earthquake.

Lo had just walked into my house and gotten settled with a cup of coffee at my kitchen table when the shaking began.

It was like the planet was saying ... hey! Lolita! glad to see you!

And I am glad to see her as well.

So we ended up staying in San Francisco ... where Lo, Nadia and I were joined by bonus guest Lexi! We went to dinner at Dosa - (south Indian) - where Lexi fell off her chair laughing. Literally.

She was okay but a bit upset that her emergency malt beverage had rolled out of her purse and across the floor.

We had to leave the restaurant after that because we were laughing so hard we were crying.

Luckily we'd finished our dinners. The staff did NOT appear pleased.

I haven't been part of such a public spectacle since I was 14 years old and arrived at a local Baskin Robbins to learn that our high school heartthrob was dealing up the scoops.

Then we went to Amnesia where they had an open mike jazz thing. It was PACKED! In fact, what was everybody and their dog doing out last night?

Is Wednesday the new Thursday?

Anyway. I am turning over a new leaf. I am once again an official partyer.

Well. I'll have to ease back into it. But no longer will I turn down weeknight invitations out of hand.

The world is my oyster!! I must grab it while it's fresh for the taking -- dig out the pearls -- and let the flesh slide effortlessly down my throat!

Actually, oysters are on my list of top five most hated foods.

Maybe the world could be my grape or something.

The other Bad Foods: hardboiled eggs, peas, lima beans and marzipan.

I would put liver but that's not really a food. *shudder*

Guess what? One of my favorite kids sent me a "Squirt" doll from "Finding Nemo."

He and Comfort Hippo are partying right now on my desk.

Love! xoxoxo