The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Random Encounter

Most ladies, when they have an encounter exciting enough write home, in their journal, or on their blog about, are usually talking about a man.

Not me though. I DID have a random encounter last night on my way to collect my clothes from the laundromat. But it wasn't with some local hottie looking for love. Or that mysterious motorcycle riding, cigarette smoking dude who lingers near the screen printing gulag kitty corner from my living room window. (damn!)

It was with a BABY BUNNY!!

In some ways, its better. I got to snuggle with it without having to tell it my life story.

I was walking down the street when I was stopped by two teeny little girls who told me they had a bunny, and proceeded to ask whether I wanted to see it. Of course, I said yes, and there it was, all wrapped up in an old t-shirt. A little white baby bunny. One of the girls asked me if I wanted to hold it. der! So I got to pet it and snorgle it a bit. Then the girl asked for it back. heh. Like, can I have my bunny back now? Oh... sorry ... here.

I admit, I was a little concerned when they put its open air basket in the holder on the back of a big wheel style trike and rode away. But the bunny didn't attempt at any point to make a break for it, so I can only assume it LIKES its life. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. Also, I want to point out these children were extremely gentle with the bunny. When I was three, I probably would have squeezed it to death on accident. Not because I'd want to hurt the bunny, but just because I didn't know better. So, I have to trust that these girls have been trained in gentle small pet handling.

gah. As if I didn't have enough to worry about.

Sometimes when I have a decision to make at work or about a friend or about my love life, I try to think how Mary would have handled it - you know Mary on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Then I know it will all work out

Is that not the BEST rule for living you've ever heard? I just ran across this stellar piece of wisdom on a Website called cavecanum.com. That is a site like PostSecret, but without the arty postcard crap.

There are some freaky people out there, and lots of them seem to frequent this Cave Canum site. It includes some REALLY NASTY STUFF so do NOT click that link.

Among the chaff, though, there are some real gems. Here's another one I enjoyed:

I like to make up stupid words like glippysnubs and droobyfloob.

hah hah hah hah hah heh heh heh heh

I don't know why that made me laugh. It just did.

Okay. One more:

Sometimes, when I'm sitting all alone in my cubicle and haven't spoken to any of my co-workers all day, I pretend I'm really Chuck Norris on an undercover assignment to save my office from Evil. I'm always on the ready to jump over these cloth covered half-height walls and give Evil a good roundhouse kick in the head. That is why nobody ever stops by my desk to talk with me. They know what's going on and they don't want to blow my cover and let Evil get away. But when I win this battle, I know all the secretaries will cheer and come over and talk to me.


Dude. That's just ... dude.


xoxoxo kisses/hugs and LOVE!!

1 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

i love that those little girls somehow knew you were a closet bunny-snorgler!!

and the thing about the glippysnubs and droobyfloob? YOU had to have written that.

it's so you.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home