The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Monday, June 19, 2006

sniffle

Thanks again for all your kind emails and calls. It really means a lot to me.

I am surprised (though I shouldn't be) at how empty my house feels without Messy around. I wish I would have petted her more often and not scolded her for her crabbiness. I guess everyone who loses a pet wishes they had done things differently.

It's just ... now that she's gone ... I'll never get another chance to tell her that I am glad she was part of my life.

However, I do think Noodle channeled Messy for me last night. Poor little Noods has been hiding under the bed since the day I put Messy in her carrier and came back without her. So last night I asked her to come up and sleep with me, which she did. Noodle has this little thing she does where she puts her front paws around my wrist (like she's hugging it) and licks my finger tips. Last night, instead of licking, she bit my hand! Just like Messy! Noodle has NEVER bitten me before. It was gentle, like a love bite. I bet Messy was sending me a message through Noodle.

Or maybe I'm just insane.

I am feeling a little better. I rode Cuddles in after finally reclaiming her from the bike shop and it was quite refreshing. By the end of the summer I expect to set a new land speed record with Cuddles. She is FAST.

How am I supposed to be a proper cat spinster with just one smallish cat?

xoxoxo kisses and love x0x0x0

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael B said...

hey cheese...hope having wednesday off helps! sorry for the loss of the mess-kat

Tuesday, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home