The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Kitty Heaven

Just got a little surlier.

That's because Messy arrived there yesterday.

I had a vet at the S-P-C-A put her to sleep after an examination.

He said she appeared to be in pain, and that her aggressive tendencies weren't likely to get any better, no matter what I tried. It was my decision though. It was very sad to say goodbye to this creature who has been in my care for thirteen years. We had lots of good times. Thanks to all my peeps for your notes, calls, and tributes of love and care. I appreciate it more than I can tell you.

I am going to miss little Miss Messy aka the grumpiest cat in the world more than I thought possible.

One good thing came of this ... my appreciation for the kindess of strangers was renewed. Right after I left the S-P-C-A, tears in my eyes and empty cat carrier in hand, a woman about my age walked over to me, patted me on the back and comforted me as best she could. I think the Universe placed her in that spot at that exact time for my benefit. Thanks nice lady! Thanks Universe!

Now its me and Noodle against the world. I hope we can handle it.

xoxoxo love and kisses x0x0x0x0 for Messy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so long messy...........sorry I wasn't around much in past years. I'm sure she is giving every other kitty grief up there and biting every ankle that comes her way, pure kitty heaven for messy!!! And thank you to you too banana.....lets have lunch and tell messy stories

Friday, June 16, 2006  
Blogger terry said...

RIP, messy... and may you have lots of fabulous treats up there in kitty heaven.

Friday, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our Messy visit (also you and Noodle)last winter. Perhaps the lady outside the SPCA was ytour guardian Angel telling you that you did the right thing and everything would be OK.
Love,
Dick and Sally
aka Dad and Mom

Friday, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home