The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Neato Stuff

A long time ago I dated a young man who lamented the loss of one of his childhood treasures.

It was a little box labeled "Neato Stuff" that he put his little things (special rocks and other crap little boys pick up, I guess. Arrowheads?) in for safekeeping.

So, since I am a nice and creative type girlfriend, for his birthday I got a tin box and special craft letters and made him a new "Neato Stuff" box. AND I put some Neato Stuff in there that I thought he would like. (No rocks, though)

Guess what! he DID like his new box as well as the stuff inside! Score!!

The moral of the story is always listen carefully when your special friend starts going on and on about when he or she was a little kid. Chances are he or she wants to relive their childhood in some way. If you assist in that endeavor, you will be Very Popular.

Anyway. The reason I bring this up is because I have my own "Neato Stuff" that I like too. Only it wouldn't fit in that little box, which in reality wasn't much bigger than a pack of cigarettes.

Here are some of my current favorite things:

Coconut Flavored Coffee-Mate
Greek Yogurt with Grape Nuts
My New Down Pillow
Cosmo colored Lipliner from Benefit
Frosty Pints of Stella
Rock Star featuring Tommy Lee

Yes, that would be a mighty big box if you had to put a whole T-V show inside.

xoxoxo kisses!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

you're pretty neato yourself, for re-creating your friend's neato box...

Friday, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember my Birthday a couple of years ago when you made me the Neato Box (might not have been the intention) but it was totally cool - I keep all of my cook little things in it (but I don't have that many cool things)...Either way - You Rock!

Thursday, July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home