The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm FINE!!

Here's the stupid thing about blogs. When you skip a few days because NOTHING EXCITING EVER HAPPENS IN YOUR LIFE, your vast audience of fans (um, okay, my mom and dad) start worrying that Something Is Wrong.

So no. Nothing's wrong. I am in kitty cat limbo, but other than that. Yes. I am A-OK.

Well. I guess it depends on how you define "wrong." But how can being sucked into not one, not two but THREE summertime reality programs be wrong, when it feels so, so right?

Something poignant, yet strangely joyful happened this week. I found out that my cousin and her husband, who are in the final stages of preparing to welcome a baby boy into their lives, are going to name him Raphael.

That's an awesome name. It's my grandpa's name. AND it WAS going to be the name of my child when and if he or she made an appearance in this version of my life.

Now that my cousin is using it, I feel a little melancholy, but, at the same time, extremely happy. I'm glad this boy will have that name. My grandpa was super cool and he needs a namesake. What was I going to do ... have a kid, just so I can name it? NO. It's like the final sign that I didn't even need that I was born to be child free and I'm staying that way for life. Hooray!!!

Moving along ... there is a teacup Persian that needs a home at the Marin Cat Rescue. I am committed to my exotic kitten ... but the teacup weighs just four pounds. I want to meet her. I want a tiny cat to gambol through my rooms. Would it be SO BAD to have two and a half cats?

Noodle, Couscous and Squash Blossom. What a fun group!!

Don't worry, I am not ready to start filling my house with cats. Yet.

xoxoxoxo kisses!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger JMai said...

I think you should call one of them Patty Pan. Like the squash. Personally I always wanted to buy two small yappy dogs and call them "bubble" and "squeak"

I'm a dork.

Monday, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home