The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy happy day!!

Guess WHAT?

Someone returned the stolen puppy!! hooray!! my faith in personkind is restored.

GOD! what a RELIEF.

Moving along.

Starbucks Rant and Rave:

This rant has been done before ... by ranters much more proficient and original, plus angrier than me.

But I believe it bears repeating because it irritates me daily.

WHY can't Starbucks just frickin call their sizes small, medium and large?

I wouldn't care, really ... if the Starbucksters would just nod and pull my drink when I order ... say ... a medium coffee.

But no. They say "... you mean, a GRANDE??"

Also, is a million dollars really a fair and reasonable price for a premade sandwich? No.

But I CAN say a couple of nice things about the closest Starbucks store.

Yesterday, I was getting my daily desperate hit when a REALLY SUPER DUPER cute guy walked in. He kind of looked like Kayser - and you know who I'm talking about if you are a pathetic loser such as myself and got sucked into watching BB All Stars this summer.

(interrupting Rave to say: was last night's episode the BEST EVER?? yes!!)

So, I have to admit, my Starbucks attracts cute customers. Hey - these are desperate times.

An up close and personal look at a nice looking man is always a good way to start the day.

uh ... yeah.

Hmm. TODAY, the cute guy was NOT there but the happy and friendly, plus efficient, Wednesday barista team was hard at work makin' coffees and chopping up pastries.

Most of the peeps who staff this particular store are especially annoying. But these two are nice. They have earned my cheesey seal of approval. A big orp-orp sticker for them.

That's all I got.

Last night Tex came over to partake of cheesey Television, spreadable cheese, crackers and a spot of Cabernet.

IT WAS AWESOME. The aforementioned Big Brother episode turned the game upside down. I love seeing arrogant assholes get their asses handed to them, and so handily!

Then Rock Star. Something of an anticlimax, but is anyone going to REALLY buy tickets to their big ass New Year's Eve show?

Still good though.

I cannot believe how much Carlos Muffin and Noodle LOVE Tex. It is so sad she's allergic to cats because these guys cannot leave her alone.

Anyway, she got bit by the shopping bug over the weekend, and as she described her purchases, I felt the familiar - DEADLY- prick of desire for fresh new clothes, shoes, et cetera.

Will frugality win out? Or ... will I succumb to temptation?

The Fall of Fun New Things has a really snappy ring to it, no?

xoxo kisses and HAPPY PUPPY hugs!!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Savage said...

Yay! The puppie is back!!! I still won't go to Star Bucks.... nope, nuh, uh.... Ya can't make me....

Wednesday, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

I think you might consider it if you had to be at work at 5-AM and it was your only option!! maybe?

I know. My talent for justifying unjustifiable actions is a useful, though ugly talent.

(congrats on the smoking quittage. Book rec: Allen Carr's the Only Way To Quit Smoking)

Thursday, September 07, 2006  
Blogger The Savage said...

We have a coffee maker at the office... lol

Thursday, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home