The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mostly Excellent News

Well the first thing I want to say is just another Thank You for all your happy thoughts re: Noodle.

I took her to the vet for her post-hospitalization re-check and the vet was very impressed at her improvement! She is doing really good and feels tons better. Now if only Carlos M. would stop bugging her, her life would be absolutely perfect.

The only yucky part is that because of the cost of Noodle's x-rays, overnight hospitalization and medicines, my Mickey money is gone. Unfortunately, I can't go to Disneyland as planned! Wah!! But that is a small price to pay for peace of mind regarding Noodle. I am just stressing out because I feel like a flake. However, I'm sure my oldest friend and my favorite ten year old will understand. I hope. Of course they will!!

In other cheese ...

I had a STUPID and HIGHLY IRRITATING encounter at the laundromat last week with the formerly 46 pound drunk woman. She has recently spent some time in the hospital, so now she probably tips the scales at about 68 pounds. Good for her! Except she is a total FREAK. I returned to the laundromat from hell because I noticed that the asshole gauntlet has re-located its headquarters to outside the new "Syn Lounge" (the old "Monkey Club," seriously now, who the hell's going to say "hey baby, meet me at the Monkey" OR "see you at Syn Lounge baby" can't they just give it a NORMAL name?) down the street. Anywayz. So I took some articles that won't fit into my kind friends' washers down to clean them ... and ended up regretting it.

Because the 68 pound drunk lady STOLE MY KEYS!!

She let me look all over the laundry room for them (I had left them on top of the washer I was using while I went to the change machine) then beckoned me to follow her outside. That's when she handed me her jacket all crumpled up and said "did you lose something?" I took my keys but she still managed to extort two dollars from me. You want to know why? Because, as pissed as I was (and she told me she took them to keep someone else, specifically a woman sleeping on a laundromat bench, from taking them) I just didn't want to Start Something. Although I nearly changed my mind when she followed me back inside, went over to the sleeping woman and they both started giggling like maniacs.

I can't wait until the universe provides me with my own giant washing machine.

xoxoxo well little purrs and snortles xoxoxoxo

4 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

another reason to fucking hate doing laundry...

jeesh.

glad to hear about noodle, though!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Natalia said...

I don't miss not having a washer/dryer at home. Although in movies they show it as a place to meet men. But also as a place people get killed. Never mind. :(

-N

Wednesday, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

aawww well i could not imagine not going to the happiest place on earth, but then again i would give that up in a moment for one/both of my pups!
the universe did give u a big washing machine! our house! and instead of complete maniacs, you have me and my mom! well, okay we are still maniacs, but we don't steal your keys or smell or ask you for money!

Sunday, May 06, 2007  
Blogger JMai said...

Oh my God. I want to buy you your own little stackable washer/dryer set SO BADLY. That is horrible!!

And I'm sorry I've not been around to read about poor lil Noods but I'm glad she's feeling better. You should make her a Sad Bunny.

Monday, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home