The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Midday Crisis

Less than a year ago, I decided that it would be a good idea to run to get in shape.

Ha ha ha ha

But I DID do it for awhile, with the careful coaching of my friend Anna who IS a runner.

We started out with a plan to run three times a week at the beach in Pacifica near her house.

For a couple of weeks, all was well. I even got new running shoes.

Then, for whatever reason, we realized TWO days a week was a more reasonable goal.

About a month later, we decided - let's run one day a week and take the teacups for a walk on the other.

Pretty soon, we were down to one leisurely walk with the twins per week.

For the last month or so, we haven't even been able to manage that. I don't mind the lack of activity, but it WAS nice seeing Anna every week. She's a mom of three so she is kind of pressed for time. I, on the other hand, am a power napper - with pretty much all the time I need on my hands. Anyway.

So TODAY we are reviving our activities. Except instead of putting on sweats and running shoes, we are going to try something different.

That's right. She's coming over to my house after work for COCKTAILS!!!!

Hooray!

Doesn't that sound like a lot more fun than getting all sweaty and gross??

I think it does.

But we'll still be getting plenty of sunshine and fresh air. We'll be drinking our cocktails on my ROOF.

Sometimes life is really nice.

xoxoxo kisses and slurps of citron and soda xoxoxo

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

i choose cocktails in the sun over walking or running anyday! im joining a gym here and getting new running shoes, exciting, i love new shoes! i cant wait to see you. i love you! i tihnk its so great that you guys have been friends for so long and still put the effort in to see eachother. now THATS friendship!

Thursday, September 06, 2007  
Blogger terry said...

that's my kind of workout!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Natalia said...

I hate running.

-N

Thursday, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Natalia said...

Hey I was on short hiatus and thought I was back but you have been in longer hiatus. Where you be????

-N

Wednesday, September 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home