The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Realm!!

I started this little blog two years ago tomorrow (July 21). The only reason I remember the date is because I mentioned I was still reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in my first entry.

Two years later, nothing's changed. Well. That's not really true. But fundamentally, I remain as geeky as ever. And my geekiness is reaching new heights today, as I look forward to a LONG LAZY lovely weekend with the seventh and final Harry Potter installment!! I have laid in supplies, (pizza, cookies, ice cream, strawberries, etc.) cleared my schedule, and plan to spend the majority of Saturday and Sunday ensconced on my purple couch with my new book! It's coming tomorrow morning.

On top of all that, my best little doggy friend PEANUT is coming over to keep me company! I cannot WAIT.

Today there was an earthquake right before I left for work. It was so loud I thought someone had broken into my house. There was breakage. I hope the kitties aren't playing in shattered glass shards. gah.

I'm kinda worried. But Angela says they'll be okay. She says they're too smart to go near dangerous razor sharp items. hmm. She's MET Carlos. He is NOT Einstein. And as much as I love Noodle, she's pretty dense.

Something pretty nice happened yesterday. When I opened my mailbox, I found a letter in there from my landlord.

That's an event to strike irritation in my heart, for when I lived on Dolores Street, the land-crotch loved to send me poisonous little letters on official stationery, telling me what I'd done wrong.

But, when I opened this envelope, a CHECK for 97 dollars fell out, along with a note saying it had come to my landlord's attention he owed me interest on my deposit.

Hooray!!!

x0x0x0x love and kisses plus SNORTS x0x0x0x

4 Comments:

Blogger Natalia said...

Oh no...bad earthquake! We don't like those. But so made up by weekend of pottersness!

-N

Friday, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

oh man, im not a potter fan in the least, i could never get into it..BUT, your weekend plans sound like an absolute dream to me. i just wish I can find a book long enough to keep me reading all weekend long! I loove reading and lounging and snacking, so wonderful! so fun! im a bit jealous, I must say!

Friday, July 20, 2007  
Blogger terry said...

yaay, for visits with peanut and unexpected windfalls!

and yaay for lunch at the taint!

Saturday, July 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dee of the wee.

i'm so happy to hear you're all set up for a fabo weekend. i know this was a rough week at the word factory...so a restful, snackalicious weekend with the lit of your choice sounds PURfect!

maybe the lovely L and i should slip into some jammies & lay in some cheetos and mad magazines. hmn...

kisses,
v-rab

Saturday, July 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home