The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

boom. GAH

MAN, I HATE the 4th of July!!

I know, I'm a big party pooper. But I can't help it! Me and my poor little kitties practically went crazy last night - after HUGE, non stop booms rocked our little house for SEVEN HOURS last night.

It didn't end until 1:30 in the morning - so as you can imagine I'm super dooper tired. I haven't seen the cats - they were still huddled under the bed when I dragged myself into work today.

It WAS kind of cool to have firework show level fireworks put on by my pyromaniac neighbors happening in the middle of my street.

For about an hour.

But, seven hours is excessive, no? I think it is. I don't know WHAT I'd do if I lived in a war zone. With the noise AND the danger. I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Also, good thing I don't suffer from P-T-S-D. That would suck.

At least I'm not that guy in Cleveland who got so pissed he went and shot his three illegal-firework-shooting-off neighbors to death when they wouldn't stop.

Is it wrong that I feel a pang of sympathy for his plight?

Yes, it is. Live and let live. It's just one night out of the year. Still - ergh. It's hard to maintain that attitude when it's thud thud - boom boom - crackle crackle - repeated every 15 seconds while you're lying in your bed looking at the clock knowing you have to be up in less than three hours. The Kelly Clarkson music playing at top volume on someone's car stereo didn't help matters either.

And you KNOW those fuckers didn't burn through all their stash - I expect a few more sleepless nights coming up.

Happy Birthday United States of America!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah eh.

No other cheese. Sorry.

Except, yes. It's official. Welcome to the Summer of Gah.

xoxoxo quiet little hugs and kisses xoxoxo

5 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

i'm SO with you on this one...! my neighborhood show didn't last as long, thankfully. i can't imagine how you got any sleep last night.

hooray, for the summer of gah!

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Natalia said...

ROTFL. My comment on Terry's blog was how I wanted to shoot the people cause I wanted to sleep. But I don't believe in killing...and, more importantly, for those moments when killing seems just right, I don't own a gun. :)

-N

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

so glad u are back to blogging!!! i have missed the observations and wit of my cheesemuffin! cheesemuffin? oh i dunno...just thought it fit! anyway, i am so sorry u and terry suffered thru the night! Like I said on her blog, I kinda enjoy all the fireworks thru the night. But thena gain, I don't have to work the day after...

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

ps
my new favorite word is unicatorn, unicatorn unicatorn! just say it out loud. rolls off the tongue in such a lovely fashion!

Thursday, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Hi guys! Laura I'm glad to be back too! I just wish i had something super cheesey to write about. but no.

I know, let's start a band and name it unicatorn!

Professional strength fireworks are okay if they are being lit in appropriate areas. The street in front of my house is NOT an appropriate area.

Though they were kinda pretty.

Friday, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home