The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

As it turns out ...

It IS kind of the end of the world.

At least, that's how I'm feeling right now.

My best doggy friend in the world ... the much loved Peanut ... has died.

She was really really sick and now she's out of pain. So I'm glad.

Many of you reading this knew Peanut as well and loved her too.

Peanut belonged to my friend/boss/co-worker Dory and her family. She was the luckiest dog in the world to live with them. Over the past few years, I got to spend a lot of time with the Nut when they went on vacations. One time Cindy and I got to take care of her for ten weeks in a row!! Another time she came on a road trip with me to Oregon. She was the very best travel partner in the whole world. Such a good listener and a good sport. Always so friendly and understanding. And boy. She LOVED to snuggle! The best thing she did was put her snorty little nose in the inside of my elbow and squish it around like she was trying to get comfy and then heave a BIG sigh when she finally reached the cuddle pinnacle. She loved to be held and hugged and petted. There are so many cute things she did that it would take me years to write them all down. And I can't do them justice at all. She was the best little buddy in the world and everyone who loved her feels the same. Please send healing energy to Dory's kids. I think they may need it the most as they say goodbye to their pal.

I am sure Peanut's busy right now charming everyone on the next plane. Bye little Peanut! I love you. I wish I could kiss you on top of your head just one more time.

xoxoxoxoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

oh NOOOOOO! oh no. this makes me so sad.

i'm sending you happy thoughts, too...as you were peanut's bestest pal.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

uhmmm, that makes me really sad! god! nobody filled me in! awww peanut, even when she attacked my feet i still thought she was cute. im sorry diana.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home