The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Hell in a handbasket

That's where we're going. That's about all I will say about the matter but after watching C-Span's broadcast of the head of Fema's little display as well as Scott McClellan's press briefing moments later ... just ... ugh. I can't pretend I'm not affected by the unending images of suffering in a city I found beautiful, welcoming and magical during a visit several years ago. I even had to go to Biloxi during that trip and got to see much of the coast as well.

I remember standing on a little terrace on the second floor of a bar in the French Quarter on a reconnaissance mission prior to the arrival of the Aerosmith fools ... drink in hand, a warm breeze blowing ... well above the revelry on the streets ... taking in the historic architecture, feeling the ghosts and experiencing a moment of the past that made New Orleans what it was.

It is so sad to know that the people and places are gone now.

Can I just say how much I love New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin? He is PISSED. He doesn't want to see anymore press conferences, he wants to see some asses on planes on the way down there.
Find his interview with radio station WWL on the Internet to hear what the city needs from the federal government. Nagin doesn't pull any punches. Man, that's refreshing.

Back to our regular programming tomorrow.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home