The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Cheese is in the Air!!


Only seven shopping days left until Valentine's Day!!

I actually used to despise Valentines' Day. I was the first in line when Rebecca made her patented broken heart cookies. Even on those Valentine's Days when I had a man like item in my life, it still sucked. Although one year my boyfriend at the time gave me the best Valentine gift ever ....! A Raggedy Ann doll hugging a Raggedy Andy doll. Aw! After we broke up, I wrote a very sappy poem about those dolls. Man! it's a good thing I didn't have Internet access at the time.

Another year this other person I dated made me do a little treasure hunt to find my gift. It was a car stereo that I wanted for the then baby (just six weeks old!) Kerplumpy. Little did I realize, though, that this stereo and the Kerplumpy dash were not compatible. No problem, says boyfriend. I'll just rip out the existing panel, install the stereo and build you a new dash.

Right. And that wouldn't violate the warranty. This guy got so flaming pissed that I didn't trust him with my new car and a set of welding tools that he took back the stereo, returned it to the store, and said I didn't deserve a Valentine's Day gift because I didn't appreciate it.

He said plenty of other stuff too. Then his ass hit the curb. Yay! Happy Valentines' Day!!

Yep. I've dated some real charmers. Romantic Love and I have not always traveled easily as companions.

But, I have found a way to celebrate the day dedicated to love and remain true to my solo but not lonely heart.

I'm no Christian, so Christmas isn't a big deal to me. So, instead of giving out lavish gifts that seem expected on a holiday that doesn't mean anything to me, I give out not so lavish gifts on a holiday that stands for something that I am ALL about. People with Valentines, and those without, one and all welcome a nice little sweet or good smelling treat. And it brightens up the day to get a token of love in the middle of February. There's not such a big BUILD UP to Valentines' Day, so you can get away with giving something small and heartfelt. At Christmas, you kind of feel like you have to spend a LOT or else your prezzie will get lost amidst all your recipients' other goodies. It's likely your loved ones aren't getting more than one, two, or maybe three other gifts on February 14. So my gift, even it's a bit SMALL, will certainly stand out.
And, by seven weeks after the tinsel is down, most people are not thinking, "hey! that cheap ass didn't get me nothing for Xmas!"Instead, they say to themselves, "gee, Cheese is just another word for love."

Now that is the truth.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Bwahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home