The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, April 28, 2006

15 shopping days left ....

Until MOTHER's Day!!!!

Now anyone who knows me knows that I've never wanted to be a mom. I was a tomboy, didn't play with dolls and hated babysitting. I also hate responsibility. And I love to sleep.

HOWEVER. Just because I don't want one of my own doesn't mean I don't love the babies and kids in my life. I also love all the moms in my life because they are some of the nicest, not to mention most partying, people I know.

That's probably why I like their kids so much!

I mean, who couldn't love Little D and the Teacups, The Gherkin and The Caper, or Ole and the newest cuddle squish ball, young Luke?

I do not discriminate by age, either. My friends' kids and teenagers are truly some of the most wonderful people in the world. I am amazed by how neato they are. Good job, various moms!!

My FAVORITE mom in the world of course, is my OWN!!

I got an email from her the other day in which she unleashed some criticicism of the U-S government, then said she hoped the C-I-A wasn't reading her email.

It's kind of scary when a sixty something (looks fifty) ex teacher and stay at home mom, current environmental projects volunteer, thinks the government is checking out her email.

YOU MIGHT THINK SHE WAS PARANOID.

Or, more likely, you'd think ... hmm, it's 2006 and Dick Cheney's in charge. So there you go. Better safe than sorry Mom!

Anyway, let me tell you some of the things that make my mom extra special:

She worked as a summer time fire lookout when she was in college and befriended a whole bunch of chipmunks.

She put up with ME when I acted like a bratty teenager (from approx. 1977 through 1995). Now that's a drawn out adolescence! More than she bargained for certainly. Sorry Mom. And, she allows me to continue acting like a teenager without making fun of me, even though I'm almost ... uh ... 30. (I'm not a brat anymore though).

She loves her grandkids but never ever ever pressured ME to give her any! woo HOO! She's never made me feel like a weirdo because I just wasn't interested.

She took Egg the cat into her home when I couldn't get my mean roommate to stop torturing him. Egg had a super happy life with Dick and Sally. And, if I really couldn't deal with Messy anymore, she'd take her off my hands as well. (she'd seriously consider it, anyway)

She's really nice to my friends.

She's always willing to give me a helping hand.

She loves my dad and keeps him happy.

She doesn't give me too hard a time about some of my more unattractive habits.

Even when she doesn't agree with the choices I make, she respects them.

She likes cute things as much as I do and understands why I think NOODLE is the most adorable cat in the world, when to most people, she's actually kind of weird looking. (Noodle, not my mom.)

When I was little, I was ALWAYS the girl in my class who had the prettiest mom! And she's still pretty! Plus she takes good care of herself so I don't have to worry about her getting sick.

There are TONS more reasons why my mom is really neat. But I don't want to embarass her. So MOM if you are reading this, I hope you have a super happy MOTHER's DAY!!

I'll try to send a card.

xoxoxoxo kisses!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sally once let me and my unruly bandmates sleep over then made us bag lunches for the ride!!!! she rocks!!!

Friday, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home