The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hasta La Vista baby!

Here's the best way to start the day:

Doot doo doo doo DOOT! WILD THING!

I wasn't awake today and didn't expect to have much energy upon my arrival to work due to oversleeping and having to drive my car rather than ride my bike

But ... it was all good when I turned my car on and the TONE LOC classic was blasting out of my little speakers.

WAY better than Corey Hart. Sorry, Angela.

As you all know, I have many questions. Here are two more. If anyone knows the answers to these questions, please feel free to help me, because I'm at a loss.

1. Why do men in cars pull up to women walking down the street when it's dark outside and ask for directions ... then get mad if you don't answer their idiot questions? I don't care how nice you look, how well you're dressed and what kind of car you're in. I don't have to talk to you just because you've addressed me. Sorry, safety is my number one priority on these mean streets.

2. Why do coworkers feel like it's okay to ask women when they're getting married and/or when they plan to have babies? And then, when you tell them you don't know or decline to answer, why do they ask you what's wrong with you that you can't "find" a man? And, lastly, why is it when you tell them, sorry I'm having too much fun to even think about that, they roll their eyes and clearly don't believe you? And, invariably, they say, "we gotta find YOU a man!" ... uh, no thanks, not if you find him, he'd likely be as obnoxious as you.

Both of these scenarios came up for me today, and I haven't yet decided which one is more infuriating.

I'll say it once. GAH!!

Now, for something completely different:

My friend Dean is super cool. He's a bit of a flake (sorry Dean but you know it's true) when it comes to his social life, but when he's at work he's all business. And right now, his job involves working directly with victims of Hurricane Katrina to provide services and support. I am so proud to know him. He's single handedly making lives better and that's pretty amazing.

He also plays guitar better than Eddie Van Halen. And that's saying something.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like alot to deal with before 6:00am. Gross. Better turn on some more Tone

Wednesday, September 14, 2005  
Blogger terry said...

I will never understand people.

They're the worst.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home