The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

It's a Party!

Something nice is happening today.

A co-worker is getting married tomorrow ... so today ... we celebrate! We are laying out a feast. It stars strawberries, sparkling lemonade, madeleines, and petite palmiers.

Supporting roles will be played by other assorted fruits, chocolate and creme fraiche.

As we are the epitome of professionalism here in the newsroom, we will not toast our friend with champagne on site. But we all kicked in to get the nearly nuptialed a bottle of Moet to use as she sees fit at a more appropriate venue. I had wanted to get Veuve Cliquot, but Trader Joe's does not stock it, and I was too lazy to go to Bevmo. Sorry Dory!! The Trader Joe guy recommended this particular bottle, so I hope its good. He said to me "the Moet exudes the same level of status and class as Veuve ... so it should be appropriate."

Hah hah hah!

Dude, I just want the happy couple to get their bubbly drunk on without barfing.

Johnny Mosely, gold medal skiier and dinner roll dude, stopped by the station today. He was wearing a knit beanie that didn't match his outfit, but was otherwise kind of cute.

He's not staying for the party. Damn.

I hope there's a feast in store today for everyone I love.

Until later, love and kisses, xoxoxoxo

PS wahhhhoowwoohhahhhhhhh rah roo wha hae doo doo (whatever, the survivor theme song) SURVIVOR TONIGHT!! I hope one of the returning peeps is Bobby Jon. That would really make my day.

2 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

we should have invited jonny to stay... but without the champagne... he might have had to politely decline.

and then we WOULD be bitter.

Thursday, September 15, 2005  
Blogger terry said...

by the way... you know how to put on a lovely spread, miss cheese. nicely done!

Thursday, September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home