The Realm

A Place Where Cheese Is Queen

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

I'm fun.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Charles in Charge

I WISH I was in charge.

I think I could a better job. I am a natural leader.

hah hah ah ah ah!

Well. Okay, maybe not a NATURAL leader. Actually I would like to be the IDEA person because I'm FULL of GREAT ideas! I just need a staff of people who are good at follow through. My delegation, communication and diplomacy skillz are highly developed. However, I hate doing stuff.

It's a problem.

For instance, I have an idea I think would help a lot of people. Many people in my neighborhood speak English as a second language. The majority of these peeps speak Spanish. The shopkeepers speak Spanish, the signs are in Spanish, etc. I cannot speak Spanish and I feel like I would be happier if I could. So I need to learn. But I don't want to spend big money on a class. I'm cheap as well as lazy.

So I was thinking we should have a neighborhood barter type school funded by the city (!) that would allow people to come and learn popular languages so we can talk to each other!! Wouldn't that be GREAT? So people who speak primarily English can come get Spanish lessons or maybe Chinese language lessons, or whatever ... (I also would like to learn French, so that would be good) ... and people who want to brush up on their English could come get help with that. The classes could be low cost so everyone could afford it. Maybe one could trade for skillz by teaching a class or volunteering in the on-site day care center if they can't pay. It could be a community center AND language school!!

So that's my awesome idea. But now that I've thought it up, I don't want to do anything about it.

That's where I would delegate the whole creation of this idea to someone who is good at that. Then when it was all up and running, I could come take a bow AND learn to speak Spanish.

Ah yes. Put me in charge and everyone can have a puppy. Flowers will fall from the sky and candy will be doled out every Friday.

I would see that certain prescription drugs would become available over the counter.

And, of course, a fully and generously funded panda breeding facility would be erected in every major city aross the land.

*********************************

Yay! Lost!! so glad you're back.

xoxoxoxo love, kisses plus gentle ruling xoxoxoxo

5 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

just email the stem francisco mayor's office again.

heh.

oh. do you think they're busy with other stuff these days??

Friday, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

STEM FRANcisco!!

Home of the Golden cell!

Friday, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Natalia said...

Can I come work for you teaching ESL?

-N

Friday, February 09, 2007  
Blogger terry said...

stem francisco
open your DNA...

Friday, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Oh poop i always forget how that part goes.

Here's another: How about ... not Stemeryville, but Stemcelleryville!!

ha ha!

Nat. Please come here and be an E-S-L teacher. I would order a huge salary for you and you could run the school.

Friday, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home